[emacs-wiki-discuss] breaking down large projects and automatic task ret

From: Patrick McKnight
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] breaking down large projects and automatic task retyping
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 08:45:27 -0500

Is there a way to prompt the user to identify either sub tasks for a
larger task or dependencies?  For example, I may have a large task
that involves building a bookshelf.  That task requires many steps
before I can start to build it.  There might be steps such as design,
purchase materials, layout shop, decide on fasteners, etc. that all
depend upon other steps.  Does anyone know of an emacs system that
could guide the user in deciding on this hierarchical structure of
tasks?

Oh, and while I am asking for the moon and stars, is there code in
planner that would help us associate tasks based upon description?  I
would like to tie together some of these tasks and see what tasks
appear to overlap even though I did not specify the same task types
when I entered them.  For example, I have several tasks that have the
word "decide" in the description but the task types may be all
different.  If I had a way of searching for all the tasks that contain
"decide" and either add the task type "decide" to the existing types,
that would be helpful.  Doing that by hand seems tedious but a
necessary slap on the wrist for not typing that task appropriately at
the beginning.

Thanks for your help.

--
Cheers,