[emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-publish now derives planner-xml from muse x

From: Peter K . Lee
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-publish now derives planner-xml from muse xml
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:28:37 -0800

I merged from the arch repositories today after a long absence, and
with much delight found muse-xml in the tree.  I went ahead and
changed the necessary parts in planner-publish to now properly derive
the "xml" style for "planner-xml" output.

In the process, I gave up the H2, H3, etc. generation as part of
planner-html/planner-xhtml tag output for section titles, since I
couldn't easily see a work-around for utilizing the depth information
in nested sections and have it work with the xml-markup-strings's
('section, 'subsection, etc.).

The main drawback to the new system is that older text-browsers w/o
css support will not highlight titles (as it did with H* tags).

But browsers with CSS should be able to do something like:

.section .title { font-size: 14px }
.section .section .title { font-size: 12px }

to customize the display for sub-section title styles.

I understand there's an xml definition file for MUSE, I think having
an xml definition file specific to PLANNER would be really nice as
well (since tasks, notes, and various other sections are very specific
to planner).

-Peter