[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner/muse update speed

From: Joseph Kiniry
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner/muse update speed
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 23:46:31 +0000

Hi Jim,

On 10 Jan, 2006, at 20:42, Jim Ottaway wrote:

Joseph Kiniry <address@hidden> writes:
Hi Jim,
I see no change in behavior with this small patch.

E.g., if I go to a given day my moving to a calendar day (I link
calendar to planner) I still see "Highlighting buffer...." messages
for every muse buffer mentioned in the day page regardless of whether
or not that page is actually loaded into emacs.   On my current day
page this takes nearly 30 seconds.  It seems the pages are loaded,
highlighted, then saved, even though nothing was touched.

Joe

Hmm. That patch does seem to stop highlighting when tasks are updated
or changed.

Is your problem exclusively with calendar movement?

No. It also happens anytime plan is called, anytime I move to a day (e.g., with planner-goto-yesterday, etc.), anytime I move a task (e.g., with planner-copy-or-move-task), etc.

It seems to me that there is no check for pre-existing day page
buffers in the page-saving mechanism between planner-calendar-show and
planner-kill-calendar-files.

My muse-config.el is available via
  http://secure.ucd.ie/~kiniry/tmp/muse-config.el
if that'll help. I have tried turning on an off various settings to no avail thus far.

Joe