Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Diary cyclic day pages

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Diary cyclic day pages
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 12:39:41 +0000

> What's the trick to get planner-appt items into the
> planner-appt-schedule-section in the first place?

> I have the following in my .emacs:

>    (planner-appt-use-tasks-and-schedule)
>    (planner-appt-insinuate)
>    (setq planner-appt-sort-schedule-on-update-flag t)
>    (planner-appt-schedule-cyclic-insinuate)
>    (setq planner-appt-update-appts-on-save-flag t)
>    (planner-appt-calendar-insinuate)
>    (setq planner-appt-schedule-cyclic-behaviour 'future)

> But planner-appt-schedule-section never gets updated.  I have a
> planner-appt-schedule-section, and it's defined as:

>   planner-appt-schedule-section's value is "Schedule"

> but at the top of every day page I always end up with:

>    * Schedule

>    * Tasks

>    [whole bunch of tasks, many which are appointments]

When you say that the schedule section "never gets updated" do you
mean that tasks with appointments don't get put into the schedule
section, or do you mean that appointment alerts aren't set up for
schedule items?

If it is the former, you have to set this variable for the updating to
happen:

,----[ C-h v planner-appt-task-use-appointments-section-flag RET ]
| planner-appt-task-use-appointments-section-flag is a variable defined in
`planner-appt.el'.
| Its value is t
|
| Documentation:
| When non-nil, task appointments will be copied to an appoinments section.
| The section name is supplied by
| `planner-appt-task-appointments-section'.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| [back]
`----

I don't see that in your configuration.

There is some ambiguity about "updating" since it refers both to
updating appointment alerts and to updating visual information about
appointments.  Perhaps these things should be given different names if
there is something sufficiently unambiguous.

Regards,

--
Jim Ottaway