Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Error on task creation since planner patch-136

From: Michael Heinrich
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Error on task creation since planner patch-136
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:11:51 +0100

Jim Ottaway <address@hidden> writes:

>> I had to disable my advice for planner-sort-tasks-maybe.  But with
>
>> ,----
>> | (defadvice planner-create-task (after my-sort-stuff activate)
>> |   (mh/trunk-by-project))
>> `----
>
>> it works.

I did some further tests with my previous configuration: I think I only
get the error if the created task is the first one on that page.

Before: trunking happened whenever I saved the page and not when I
created the task.  I don't know if the page is automatically saved when
I create a task. There I had this advice active (mh/trunk-by-project is
a function which only calls planner-trunk-tasks):

,----
| (defadvice planner-sort-tasks-maybe (before my-planner-trunk activate)
|   "Trunk tasks before sort automatically if sorting is automatic"
|   (when planner-sort-tasks-automatically
|     (mh/trunk-by-project)))
`----

Now: trunking happens only when I create a task. With this advice:

,----
`----

> I am glad that that works, but what have you done with
> planner-sort-tasks-maybe?  Is that still in planner-create-task-hook
> but without the planner-trunk advice?

planner-sort-tasks-maybe never was in planner-create-task-hook:
,----
| planner-create-task-hook is a variable defined in `planner'.
| Its value is
| (planner-appt-create-task-hook-func)
`----

Now that I worked a few hours with the new configuration, I really miss
the previous behaviour where all pages got automatically trunked when
they were saved.  Now I have pages which aren't trunked (e.g. completed
tasks).

Regards,

Michael Heinrich