[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: semi-colons and filling

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: semi-colons and filling
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 09:51:45 -0500

Jim Ottaway <address@hidden> writes:

> Thank you.  That's a much more straightforward solution than the one
> that I had.  By the way, what is the difference between the
> muse--rel and the muse--main branches?  Should I be merging from the
> one or the other?

The muse--rel--3.02 branch is used for preparing the 3.02 releases,
the most recent of which was 3.02.02.  I'll probably make one more
3.02.XX release, and then make a 3.03 release from muse--main.  At
that point, the muse--rel--3.02 branch will be discontinued, and I
won't make a corresponding muse--rel--3.03 branch unless I'm stuck in
a scenario (like now) where major changes need to be done, but I lack
time/motivation to pull them off in a few clean patches.

The main difference (currently) is that muse--main will attempt to
provide escaping of specials in normal paragraph text, which 3.02
can't currently do.  The problem is that list publishing and table
publishing need to be tweaked to make use of muse-insert-markup (and
hopefully, to use a smarter algorithm that doesn't require making
regexps for each publishing style).

I'd prefer for developers to base their branches on muse--main, since
that's where all the experimental code is.

LaTeX/PDF publishing currently works much better in muse--rel--3.02,
so people should use that if they do any PDF publishing.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: manga, Debian, XHTML, wiki, Emacs Lisp