[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Muse: newbie questions

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Muse: newbie questions
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:08:20 -0500

Karl Schmid <address@hidden> writes:

> 1. When I create and edit a page, and I type in a CamelCase word, no
> link is generated automatically (as described in the muse
> manual). Is there any possibility to activate or easily implement
> such a function? I really liked this feature about the Wiki I used
> so far.

The following will do what you want, assuming that you're using Muse
3.02.02.

(setq muse-wiki-allow-nonexistent-wikiword t)

The default is to only colorize WikiWord links to existing files,
since I like it that way :^) .

> 2. When I create a page and want to publish it, I type C-c C-v and
> in the minibuffer I am asked for the project to publish and the
> style. I enter the project name as given in muse_projects_alist in
> .emacs and to which the file is associated. However, I get the
> message 'no pages in nil need publishing at this time' and there is
> no html file of the corresponding muse file.
>
> 3. When type M-x muse-index, the minibuffer says that an index is
> being generated, but I do no see anything like an index or such.

It looks like Muse can't find a project to associate with the current
file.  It normally will never need to prompt for your project, just
the style and output directory (assuming you hit C-c C-t, not C-c
C-v).

Nothing looks wrong with your configuration, though, as long as you
have Muse documents in the ~/documents/labjournal and
~/documents/plans directories.

> 4. Is there a simple may to change into Muse mode and select among
> the projects so that I get to the default page of this project?
> Would it be even possible to (easily) create a function that by
> typing M-x labjournal would open a buffer in the project
> 'labjournal' with the default page open? (I do not know yet how to
> hack lisp code).

Something like the following will work.

(defun my-muse-project-find-file (project)
  (interactive)
  (let ((muse-current-project (muse-project project)))
    (call-interactively 'muse-project-find-file)))

;; Sets C-c p l to bring up Labjournal
(global-set-key "\C-cpl" #'(lambda () (interactive)
                             (my-muse-project-find-file "Labjournal")))

;; Sets C-c p p to bring up Plans
(global-set-key "\C-cpp" #'(lambda () (interactive)
                             (my-muse-project-find-file "Plans")))

- --
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: manga, Debian, XHTML, wiki, Emacs Lisp
  /` |\ | | | IRC: mwolson on freenode.net: #hcoop, #muse, #PurdueLUG
 |_] | \| |_| Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net