Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] centered span

From: Shawn Boyette
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] centered span
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:15:10 -0500

On 11/23/05, Marc Tommasi <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    With emacs-wiki 2.70, a  line that begins with six or more columns of
> whitespace generates this html code
>             centré

> I'm not sure a span can be centered (and it is not in the browser)... Maybe a
> div should be better ?

It can't. Well, it *can* but not under the standard XHTML user-agent
stylesheet, where span is { display: inline; }.

I've been poking at this on and off for a little while now, but I
can't figure out how to undo or route around muse wrapping <p></p>
around everything. Being a paragraph is fine, but to center properly
it needs to be a para with a class or style on it. I've managed to get
something like <p class="centered"> in there, but the other set of
para tags is still there, creating a set of nested paras, which is not
a good solution.

--
Shawn Boyette
<address@hidden>