Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] muse-registry (2)

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] muse-registry (2)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 20:33:28 +0000

>>> - Fuzzy url matching: For url types that find a place in a file
>>> such as pos and bibtex, it would be useful to be able to match on
>>> the file alone as well.
>>
>> Yes, i was also thinking about that.
>>
>> I will implement this (hopefully tonight), but it would be nice to
>> have more coherent syntax for `planner-annotation-functions'.

> Done.  Works fine for pos:// and info://.  For bibtex://, you have to
> change the default value of `planner-bibtex-separator' to "#".

That's good.  I had another idea: it would be nice to see some context
for each match, perhaps a truncated line:

 - plans: CompMuse - muse-registry.el - ...have a look at this :
muse-registry.el...

Or something like that, so you get some idea of what a link might be
doing in that file.

> PS: i think "#" should be the default value for any separator, but i'm
> aware this could be a big move for some users.  What do you think?

I agree, but it would be a big nuisance I suppose.

Perhaps there could be an autofixing function that does the conversion
whenever it spots a ':' as a delimiter in a url.

Regards,

--
Jim Ottaway