[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Autoloads

From: Björn Lindström
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Autoloads
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 20:35:45 +0100

drkm <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm re-installing Muse & Planner, on a new laptop.  And I was
> surprised to find that Muse doesn't use ";;;###autoload" cookies
> (Planner does).  Why?  Is there some reason?
>
> This makes installing more difficult, and forces users to add a
> plethora of 'require' in their '~/.emacs.el'.

I didn't write it, so I don't know exactly why.

However, since Muse uses macros for style definitions, you would still
have to load it at start-up time as long as you want to do the style
definitions at that point.

In my opinion, this is yet an argument for my suggestion in
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.wiki.general/4301