[emacs-wiki-discuss] confused by remember-region

From: Ren Lifeng
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] confused by remember-region
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:56:36 +0800

I have a question about remember-region.

document of that function says:
> If called from within the remember buffer, BEG and END are ignored,
> and the entire buffer will be remembered.

> This function is meant to be called from the *Remember* buffer.
> If you want to remember a region, supply a universal prefix to

I never call remember-region from the *Remember* buffer. Can someone
kindly give me a typical scenery where we should do this?

a message in the mail list says:
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-wiki-discuss/2004-03/msg00097.html)
> This is just M-x remember, now. C-u M-x remember remembers the region
> but lets you edit it first. M-x remember-region goes straight ahead
> and remembers the region.

I like this one, calling remember-region from any buffer, remember the
region without modification. but is this conflicts with the above doc
and thus is not the recommended way?

Thanks in advance!

--
                        Ren Lifeng