Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-gnus issues/requests

From: Seth Falcon
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-gnus issues/requests
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 17:47:10 -0800

Hi Kai,

On 12 Nov 2005, address@hidden wrote:

> 2. I have planner and gnus open in separate frames. When I follow a
> link back from a plan page to an E-Mail, I would like gnus to
> display the message in its designated frame where it's already
> running.  Instead, the message (or at least the summary buffer)
> takes over the frame that planner is running in. Could this be
> adjusted?

That's a nice idea.  The following is working for me, but I don't
think it is the best way (I'm an incomplete elisp novice :-)

If you have gnus configured to show the group, summary, and article
buffers all in one frame, it will work better.  Otherwise, probably
not.

Here's what I have in my .emacs:

(require 'planner-gnus)
(planner-gnus-insinuate)

(defadvice planner-gnus-browse-url (before planner-gnus-browse-url-other-frame)
  "Select the Gnus *Group* buffer in other frame before opening gnus://"
  (let ((buf-names (mapcar 'buffer-name (buffer-list)))
        (gnus-buf-name "*Group*"))
    (if (member gnus-buf-name buf-names)
        (switch-to-buffer-other-frame gnus-buf-name))))
(ad-activate 'planner-gnus-browse-url)

+ seth