[emacs-wiki-discuss] RE: 3-pages instead of day pages

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] RE: 3-pages instead of day pages
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:55:48 -0500

Me, too, referring to your introduction, which I've quoted below.

Lately, I've resorted to writing tasks down on a scrap of paper.  I don't
even have time to enter tasks into Planner.

My job has become increasingly service oriented.  I'm supposed to be
designing product and developing processes and procedures.  But the amount
of support I need to provide for legacy product (there's no production
engineering here) means I get people coming in my office (or phone calls or
email) to ask about a potential 13 year's worth of stuff I've produced.
Even the interruptions that interrupt the interruptions are interrupted!  Is
this company crazy or what?  I'd walk, but I have a house and family to
feed.  (The house eats paint and caulk....)

Sorry about that.  What it boils down to is that I've got lots of projects
on the backburner and even some partly in a mixing bowl and several with
bookmarks in the cookbooks (to stretch the analogy.)  I'm afraid that if I
axed these from the day pages, I'd forget about them.  The idea of a page
devoted to Future work is wonderful.  And having a page of Closed stuff can
serve as a morale boost for those days when I feel hopeless.

I know, try M-x doctor.  :)

--
Raymond Zeitler <address@hidden>