RE: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Nesting Sections in Muse.

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: RE: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Nesting Sections in Muse.
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 21:15:34 +0100

This all seems sensible. But I'm not sure how to achieve
it with muses current publication model. It's worth mentioning
that I don't know muse that well, so I might be totally
wrong about this.

I've be playing with this a bit today. I now have it supporting
nesting for both ul and ol lists for latex and html (it will
work for texi as well, which covers most of the styles
in existence).

The output is fine, but the syntax is ugly...

 - Level 1 a
 - Level 1 b
 (-
 - Level 2 a
 - Level 2 b
 (1.
 1. Level 3 a
 )1.
 1. Level 2 c
 1. Level 2 d
 )-
 - Level 1 c
 - Level 1 d

I guess that the only way to do this with spaces and without
additional markup would be to store state during the parse. That
way, you'd know what the last list level was, and therefore how many
or whether extra list starts/stops were needed.

Is it guarenteed that during publication muse will start at the
beginning of the muse file and move through it monotonically? Other
wise, using state in this way is going to be bad!

Cheers

Phil