Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Nesting Sections in Muse.

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Nesting Sections in Muse.
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:05:12 +0100

> muse current doesn't know about the context as far as I can tell.
> Each markup line is published on it's own without regard for
> elsewhere.

There are probably all sorts of niceties that I don't know about, but
wouldn't it be more straightforward to deal with a whole list as soon
as a list item is encountered?

It looks as though the items are made in one pass and then
muse-publish-markup-list tries to resolve nearby items into lists.  Is
that right?

I was thinking that as soon as a list item is found, the end of the
list could be determined, and then any list items in between could be
converted using some kind of stack thing [with some intelligent guess
work for malformed lists such as those that skip levels].

So if one has

- item a
- item b
 # subitem a
 # subitem b
- item c

as soon as item a is found, the last possible item, item c, is
determined, and then the whole region from item a to the end of item c
is converted to the publishing markup.

I suspect, however, that I have not really appreciated some problems
with determining the correct context, such as where does item c end.

--
Jim Ottaway