[emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-report not picking up notes

From: Dale Smith
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-report not picking up notes
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:54:05 -0400

Greetings List,

I'm trying to use use planner-report.el, and it's working fine for
Tasks, but it's not picking up any Notes.  I suspect that the notes
need to be formatted a special way, because I'm just creating them by
hand.  I'm using the Notes section to jot down things that have come
up or to expand on a completed task.  Basically, a place to remember
important things that have happened or that I have discovered.

Looking over the code for planner-report-find-notes, it appears to be
wanting the date in the note somehow.  I tried some notes formed like
this

.#3 The Note Title (2005.10.27)

but that doesn't seem to be what it's looking for.

But if the note is on a day page, doesn't it *already* know the date
of the note from the name of the page?  Is it only looking in plan
pages?

So, how *should* I be formatting my notes for planner-report?  Should
planner-report be modified to always include notes that are on a day
page?

Thanks!
  -Dale