[emacs-wiki-discuss] muse: latex and publishing directives

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] muse: latex and publishing directives
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 22:49:20 +0100

I have been trying out latex publishing a lot recently, and I think it
could be turned into a great way of producing documents.  One thing I
would like to see is some easy to use and flexible means of setting
non-default values for such things as document class, point size, page
size, and so forth.

I have been trying this out reasonably successfully using publishing
directives; it would, however, be easier to do this if some more
characters other than [a-zA-Z] were allowed.  If there were, say, a
'-' included as well one could have directives such as

#latex-document-class scrartcl
#latex-class-options 11pt

to set the document class and point size for a particular document
while the default may be 'article' and '12pt'.

The hyphen [or some other character such as ':'] would allow a sort of
name-space for latex publishing directives; they would look nicer too.

Regards,

--
Jim Ottaway