[emacs-wiki-discuss] planning and timelogs

From: Paul Lussier
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planning and timelogs
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:09:42 -0400

Hi folks,

Our group uses the XP development process.  As a result, our
"schedules" are broken up into 4 2-week "iterations" per "release".

I was thinking it might be nice to be able to split up my timelog file
according to the iterations, so a couple of weeks ago I rolled my
monolithic (and evidently broken) timelog file to timelog.old, and
created a new timelog.r19i4 for the then new iteration.  To keep
things in my planner config simple, I symlinked this to 'timelog'.

This seems to work great, especially since with a new file, all the
planner/timeclock integratio suddenly started working again.  However,
I can see a need to report on my time spent on someothing for a period
longer than two weeks, which would mean aggregating all the
timeclock.rXiY files together before actually scanning them to
generate the report.

Any ideas?  Perhaps a new function which first does this and hands it
off to the planner-timeclock-summary* functions? Or is there a better
way to approach this type of segmented time-keeping?

--

Seeya,
Paul