[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: muse and latex

From: Na Li
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: muse and latex
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:00:44 -0500

On 12 Oct 2005, Michael Olson wrote:

> Trent Buck <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Na Li <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > > Hi, I'm gradually switch from emacs-wiki to muse for writing my web
> > > pages.  I really like the idea of publishing to multiple formats in
> > > muse.  What I would like to see is better latex support.
> > >
> > > First of all, right now the special characters like %, $, # do not
> > > get treated at all.  I don't know if that is a bug or not.
> >
> > What version of muse are you using?  mwolson improved escaping
> > considerably recently (I'm using 3.02.tla.247-1).
>
> The escaping ability still needs some work.  Special characters by
> themselves in text will not be escaped in any publishing style.  I'm
> trying to figure out a good solution for this.

Right now (patch-248) , the &, $ etc in text are not escaped but those in
example tags are, i.e.,

<example>
&
</example>

becomes

\begin{verbatim}
\&
\end{verbatim}

That seems to be the opposite result than one intends.

I guess it might be necessary to escape them in HTML <verbatim> output, but
not in LaTeX verbatim environment.

Michael