[emacs-wiki-discuss] emacs-wiki and abbrev mode

From: Charlie Martin
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] emacs-wiki and abbrev mode
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:57:01 -0700

... or really, mostly, abbrev mode.

I keep wanting to have abbrevs that expand out to, say, date-time stamps.  I
can do this on my mac with the rather brilliant Texpander, where for example I
have it set up so that typing 'ttime' inserts  12:13:25 ... and then 12:13:35
... and then 12:13:42 ... and so on.

So here's my question: is there a way to get abbrev mode, or hooks in
emacs-wiki or muse-mode or some such, to act like an abbrev but execute a
fragment of lisp code instead of just replacing one string with another?