[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: minor bug in planner-vm

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: minor bug in planner-vm
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 12:10:32 -0500

Chris McMahan <address@hidden> writes:

> With the latest muse implementation, I was getting publishing errors
> when the resolve function in planner-add-prototol was set to nil
>
> (planner-add-protocol "vm://" 'planner-vm-browse-url nil)
>
> So setting it to
> (planner-add-protocol "vm://" 'planner-vm-browse-url 'identity)
>
> was basically a work-around to get the publishing working again.
>
> I have to agree that the link itself is not a good idea. A function to
> just display the text-portion of the link might be best.

Aha!  I neglected to read the part of the documentation for
muse-url-protocols that said:

"RESOLVE-FUN should accept URL as an argument and return the final
URL, or nil if no URL should be included."
        ^^^

This behavior should now be fixed with the following two patches.
Thanks for the report!

2005-09-04 17:07:07 GMT Michael Olson <address@hidden>  patch-221

    Revision:
      muse--main--1.0--patch-221

    * lisp/muse-protocols.el (muse-url-protocols): info:// and man:// should
      publish only the description, not the URL.

    * lisp/muse-publish.el (muse-publish-insert-url): Handle case where we
      get nil from muse-publish-url by not inserting any text.

    modified files:
     ChangeLog lisp/muse-protocols.el lisp/muse-publish.el

2005-09-04 17:02:21 GMT Michael Olson <address@hidden>  patch-220

    Revision:
      muse--main--1.0--patch-220

    * lisp/muse-mode.el (muse-visit-link-default): Make sure we search for a
      complete tag.

    * lisp/muse-protocols.el (muse-url-protocols): Improve customization
      interface.
      (muse-resolve-url): If nil is given as the resolve function, return
      nil.

    * lisp/muse-publish.el (muse-publish-url): If the URL resolves as nil,
      insert the description instead of the original URL.

    modified files:
     ChangeLog lisp/muse-mode.el lisp/muse-protocols.el
     lisp/muse-publish.el

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: anime, Debian, XHTML, wiki, Emacs Lisp