[emacs-wiki-discuss] How to add macros or shortcuts in emacs-wiki?

From: Adrian Tritschler
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] How to add macros or shortcuts in emacs-wiki?
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:54:00 +1000

I'm in the middle of migrating a website that used to be managed by
Blogmax to planner/emacs-wiki and have a few queries.

In my old markup, I could add "shortcuts" so that something like
"address@hidden" or "{shortcut "par1" "par2"}" in the source text could
be expanded to arbitrary HTML in the output, some with parameters,
some without.

Where do I start looking to add this type of markup through
emacs-wiki? The "emacs-wiki-interwiki-names" seems to do some of what
I'm after, but is only focussed at providing links (hrefs) to other
wiki pages, where I want to be able to put in arbitrary markup

(eg address@hidden => <span class="coffeebreak">Here I took a ten minute
coffee break</span>).

I'm not really fussed on the format, I can do global search/replace on
my old shortcuts, but I'd prefer to not have to enter the expanded
text myself.

  Adrian