[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: emacs-wiki-discuss Digest, Vol 20, Issue 10

From: Greg Novak
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: emacs-wiki-discuss Digest, Vol 20, Issue 10
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 22:40:01 -0700 (PDT)

* Sacha Chua wrote:
Okay. You don't need to do anything special in Planner to do that. All
you need is a whole bunch of functions that will let you easily
navigate between day, week, month and year pages.
... greg/planner-zoom-in - interactive, moves down one step
greg/planner-zoom-out - interactive, moves up one step
greg/planner-pan-right - move to the next time period
greg/planner-pan-left - move to the previous time period

This is a very nice idea.

Could you give this a shot? I won't be able to start working on it
until after my first Toastmasters speech this Tuesday, but it sounds
like a great idea!

I shouldn't be counted on to produce code on short timescales... :-) I'm pretty much out of commission for the next 2-3 weeks, with a conference, workshop, etc...

The upshot, it seems, is that there isn't a slick way to hack
planner-date-regexp to do what I want.  So I'd imagine splitting

I don't think you'll need to. =)

Well, maybe I should be more specific.  What happens right now if I type:
M-x planner-create-task<ret>
Test Task<ret>
2005.August<ret>
PersonalTaskPool<ret>

is that the task ends up in PersonalTaskPool, but with no link to any other page in the task description. Also 2005.August doesn't contain the task.

I'd also like planner-copy-or-move-task and planner-replan-task to do the right thing when I enter 2005.August.Week1 as the new date for the task.

Ideally, the command plan would also automatically sweep tasks from 2005.August.Week1 to 2005.August.Week2 at the beginning of the next week, but that's gravy. If I've really scheduled only my two or three biggest priorities for the week/month/whatever, then sweeping them forward myself is no big deal.

Thanks for the feedback on this,
Greg