[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-multi causing problems...

From: Paul Lussier
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-multi causing problems...
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 09:49:51 -0400

"Charles philip Chan" <address@hidden> writes:

> I think most people, including myself, tend to use TAB because it is similiar
> to Bash.

This makes a certain amount of sense.  It also just dawned on me *why*
planner-multi uses TAB for completion!  It allows you to bind a task
or note to multiple pages *at task creation time* with a space
delimited list.  DUH!  I've for some reason just been using M-x
planner-multi-[task,note]-xref to do this after I create them!

Now, the interesting thing is that planner-multi only seems to rebind
SPC to self-insert-command in the mini-buffer for certain things.  For
example, if I create a task, then TAB is the completion key, and SPC
is bound to self-insert-command to allow me to insert a
space-delimited list.  If I then do a M-x operation, TAB is *still* my
completion key.  HOWEVER, if I do a C-x operation (C-x f, for
instance), then SPC is bound to minibuffer-complete-word, and TAB is
bound to minibuffer-complete.

So, I guess my real problem is that I don't mind if SPC is re-mapped
when the minibuffer is in task/note creation mode, but I'd really like
planner-multi not mess with the M-x mode :)  Any ideas how to fix that?

--

Seeya,
Paul