[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-multi causing problems...

From: Paul Lussier
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-multi causing problems...
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 08:08:44 -0400

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:

> Ah. Hmm. If you use SPC as your auto-completion key, then you'll
> probably want to use the slightly less convenient way to enter plan pages.

For some reason I get the impression you think that using SPC as your
auto-completion key is not optimal or desirable, which I find
interesting, given that it's the default in emacs. No?  I guess I
don't understand why planner-multi would re-map such a commonly used
minibuffer key binding.  Am I really the only one out there that this
has bothered?

> Comment out the define-key line that's been giving you problems and
> use this instead:
>
> (setq planner-read-name-function 'planner-multi-read-name-multiple-prompts)
>
> Hope that helps!

Thanks, I'll try that, though I'm still interested in the "why we
thought this was a good idea" :) Defaults are usually a good thing,
and an app shouldn't change defaults at least without some warning
and/or explanation ( usability 101 :)

--

Seeya,
Paul