[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-deadline-update loop

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-deadline-update loop
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 18:33:14 -0400

Gijs Hillenius <address@hidden> writes:

> I am running into a glitch with planner-deadline.el. I am creating
> tasks (and notes) with {{Deadline: 2005.08.04}} (for example) and file
> those tasks (or notes) in one or more plan-pages.

I'm trying this out with planner-multi, but without planner-id. Things
seem to be okay, so maybe it's just planner-id being really stubborn.
I wrapped it in with-planner-update-setup, though.

Try this if you use planner-id:

(defadvice planner-deadline-update (around gijs activate)
 "Turn off planner-id updating"
 (let ((planner-id-update-automatically nil))
    ad-do-it))

> I guess I am applying it wrong, or do something silly as typo's.. I am
> looking at the pages, but can't see where I miss the boat. How to best
> debug?

If you're not using planner-id, I'm barking up the wrong tree.
Hmm... what else could it be?

You could use M-x toggle-debug-on-quit, then check the backtrace after
C-g. That'll show you which functions are looping.

Sorry about the inconvenience!
--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, juggling