[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: 'planner-set-sym-and-url-regexp' erase 'muse-ur

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: 'planner-set-sym-and-url-regexp' erase 'muse-url-regexp'
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 21:28:47 -0500

drkm <address@hidden> writes:

> drkm writes:
>
>> BTW, why Planner does use its own protocol list?  Is not
>> 'muse-url-regexp', with a 'muse-add-url' function, enough?

Muse doesn't have handling of URL "protocol lists" yet.  I would like
a feature similar to emacs-wiki-url-protocols to be included with
Muse.  Then muse-url-regexp could be autogenerated according to the
value of muse-url-protocols.  The problem is I have about 3 other
Planner and Muse tasks that I'm trying to work on that are higher
priority for me.

I'd love it if someone could help out with this, as long as they would
be willing to sign over copyright to the FSF.

> It could be fine, too, if 'muse-url-regexp' store formating
> functions, as 'planner-url-protocols' does.  I have this in my
> ~/.emacs.el:
>
> [snip]
>
> With such a system for 'muse-url-regexp', I could use these for
> properly publish my pages in HTML.  To have something like:
>
>     &lt;<a href="http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=...";>...</a>&gt;
>
> Maybe is possible with Muse projects?

I think you're on the right track.  muse-url-protocols should be a
series of lists with the form:

(protocol_regexp browse_function resolve_function)

For a similar example, see what I did with muse-ignored-extensions and
muse-ignored-extensions-regexp in muse.el.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: anime, Debian, XHTML, wiki, Emacs Lisp