Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Muse-wiki milestone reached

From: A.J. Rossini
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Muse-wiki milestone reached
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 16:42:29 +0200

On 7/23/05, drkm <address@hidden> wrote:
> "A.J. Rossini" writes:
>
>   Thanks.
>
> > What I meant is that the goal of Muse and Planner combined, with
> > respect to markup, is that we can continue to do simple things to
> > create content, and yet at the end of the day, have sufficient context
> > marked up so that we can do "whatever we want with it".
>
> > This is a hard problem.  Best approached by prototypes so that people
> > can see what works and doesn't work (evaluating both the approach and
> > implementation separately, since those are the 2 points of
> > failure/breakdown).
>
>   So the markup have to be extensible, even in XML.  Yes.  For
> example, MuseXML elements can accept any element from an other
> namespace as children.  And if you want to add some markup to
> Muse, and reflecting it in the XML output, you can use your own
> namespace to do that.

More importantly, there should be a means to hint to XML, using only
simple Muse markup, the potential complexity that it needs to be ready
for.  The key is simplicity of the user interface (which planner
excels at) in the foregourd/UI space, with complexity in the backend,
where the user (but not the poor developers :-) should have to go only
as little as possible.

best,
-tony

"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we can easily
roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).

A.J. Rossini
address@hidden