[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: [BUG?] muse-publish handling abnormal exit duri

From: drkm
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: [BUG?] muse-publish handling abnormal exit during call to publish
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:12:13 +0200

Peter K.Lee writes:

> Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:

>> I really detest that behavior.  In the most recent patch, I've worked
>> around it by making a new macro called
>> `muse-with-temp-buffer-no-prompt' that should *never* prompt for
>> saving when its buffer is killed.  Emacs should implement this
>> behavior by default, IMNSHO.

> I agree with you there.  I don't think it gives proper meaning to the
> word "temporary".

  It gives proper meaning to the word "temporary" when the code
using that buffer, the body of 'with-temp-buffer', runs properly,
until the end.

  But if it doesn't, if an error is thrown, what's the proper
meaning of "temporary"?  "Not important at all, so if developpers
made some mistake, just forget its content"?

  IMHO it's safer to have the current behavior, and using
'condition-case' to catch the errors we can solve.

--drkm