[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Merging tasks?

From: Paul Lussier
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Merging tasks?
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 14:17:09 -0400

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:

> my tasks are usually concrete, well-defined, bite-size
> actions.

Mine are too, but you'd be amazed at the number of notes I keep
related to a task.  For example, a simple task of 'Fix backup server'
turned into a 3 day bug-hunting frenzy with about 6 different notes
related to it.  I use "project pages" more or less as categorizing
tags (ala delicious).  So, this particular task was filed under
'BackupMaintenance' because, well, that's what it was :)

But there were other notes thrown in here in between the 'Fix backup
server' task notes.  It would be nice to see the notes related to just
this task if I ever needed to, without the noise of the other
unrelated notes.

> If I need more organization, I add text before or after the
> task. Kinda like my
> http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/wiki/MoveToCanada.php page...

Ooh, this is really neat!  How do you do that?

> planner-create-note-from-task currently puts the note on a single
> page, but you might be able to do something with planner-replan-note
> and planner-update-note. How else can we address this? =)

I'm basically doing all that manually, and it's getting tedious :)

I'll try defun'ing it when I get the change :)
--

Seeya,
Paul