Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Bug: muse-mode: Mouse-2 doesn't yank

From: Yann Hodique
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Bug: muse-mode: Mouse-2 doesn't yank
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 22:19:36 +0200

On 7/5/05, Allen Halsey <address@hidden> wrote:
> Expected behavior (which works in emacs-wiki-mode):
>
>    - mouse-2 on a link follows the link
>
>    - otherwise, yank
>
> Current behavior: when I mouse-2 on a non-link area, this
> error message is given:
>
>    There is no valid link at point.
>
> I fixed it by commenting out line 125 in muse-mode:
>
>    ;(define-key map [mouse-2] 'muse-follow-name-at-mouse)
>
> Note: muse-colors.el, defines this same key binding but in a "local
> keymap used by Muse while on a link".
>
> Allen

I may be wrong, but I think the reason for defining the key in
muse-mode is to be able to middle-click links even without muse-colors
installed.
address@hidden/muse--yh--1.0--patch-21 tries to workaround the
problem by providing a function muse-follow-name-at-mouse-maybe that
falls back into the corresponding global keybinding if no link is
found.

Is this acceptable?

Yann.