[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Bug with C-n and certain lengths of links (oh m

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Bug with C-n and certain lengths of links (oh my)
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:57:37 -0500

johnsu01 <address@hidden> writes:

> Here's an odd one for you, but it seems to be totally reproducible.
>
> In a GNU Emacs 21.4.1 -nw session, go to a planner task with a link
> that ends just before the edge of the window. By this, I mean that
> with font-locking on, an annotation link ends one character away
> from the window border, with the \ line continuation character right
> after it. Now hit C-n. Nothing happens, even with multiple presses
> or holding it down for a very long time. C-h k reports that C-n is
c> still bound to next-line. Resize the terminal window so that the
> link either ends before the edge of the window, or continues on to
> the next line, and C-n goes back to working as expected, until you
> hit the next link which is now in the first situation.

Out of curiosity, does adding the following to your .emacs help?

(add-to-list
  'planner-mode-hook
  #'(lambda ()
      (set (make-local-variable 'inhibit-point-motion-hooks) t)))

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: anime, Debian, XHTML, wiki, Emacs Lisp