[emacs-wiki-discuss] Bug with C-n and certain lengths of links (oh my)

From: johnsu01
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Bug with C-n and certain lengths of links (oh my)
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:16:23 -0400

Here's an odd one for you, but it seems to be totally reproducible.

In a GNU Emacs 21.4.1 -nw session, go to a planner task with a link that ends
just before the edge of the window. By this, I mean that with font-locking on,
an annotation link ends one character away from the window border, with the \
line continuation character right after it. Now hit C-n. Nothing happens, even
with multiple presses or holding it down for a very long time. C-h k reports
that C-n is still bound to next-line. Resize the terminal window so that the
link either ends before the edge of the window, or continues on to the next
line, and C-n goes back to working as expected, until you hit the next link
which is now in the first situation.

This is using aterm, emacs-wiki patch-96 and planner patch-435.

Hm, but it's not reproducible in an emacs -nw -q --no-site-file session with
only planner and emacs-wiki loaded.

Here's what's loaded in my .emacs:

(require 'planner)
(require 'remember)