[emacs-wiki-discuss] Welcome to Planner (was Re: planner-browse-position

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Welcome to Planner (was Re: planner-browse-position-url quick fix)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:33:24 +0800

Romain Francoise <address@hidden> writes:

> I was already using remember.el (I started using it in 2001) to jot down

Wow! I think you started before I did... <laugh>

> The other thing I like about Planner is that it's written in Emacs Lisp
> and is thus infinitely moldable, it allows me to write stuff like

Oy, this is cool. I'm going to use this in my config.

> I didn't have a chance to test all the modules yet, but from a quick
> tour, planner-id and planner-gnus are absolutely indispensable,

I've bound M-x planner-edit-task-description to C-c C-e (replacing
emacs-wiki-edit-link-at-point, I think), which removes the need for
planner-id.

> planner-trunk is handy.  I'd like to get started with planner-multi but
> when I enable it, it wikifies page names twice (like
> [[%5D%5DFoo%5D%5D]]), I'll have to dig a bit to understand what's going

Hmmm, that's really odd. What versions of emacs-wiki and planner are you using?

> So far, Planner is indeed surprisingly similar to Gnus: large,
> scary, inhumanly tweakable and immoderately powerful. I love it! :-)

<laugh> Wow! Well, let's work making it less scary... =)
--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed