[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Saving day pages and planner-appt er ror

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Saving day pages and planner-appt er ror
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:44:08 +0800

David Lord <address@hidden> writes:

> Aarrgh, I tried using a more up-to-date build
> (http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32InstallationKit.html
> <http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32InstallationKit.html> ) and it seems
> to have broken the hack you sent me.  Now write-file-hooks is nil even after
> I run it.  Still no sign of write-file-functions

Don't panic. =)

write-file-functions is Emacs CVS, so you probably won't have that.
write-file-hooks is in Emacs 21, and this is what probably should be
modified.

So just evaluate that bit of code (or grab the dev tarball of planner,
which has the fix) after loading Planner. It's not going to change
write-file-hooks yet, because you're not yet in PlannerMode.

Then use M-x plan or M-x planner-goto-today to open a page in planner
mode. C-h v write-file-hooks should show a variable with documentation
and a value.

(If it doesn't, I'm going to have a long talk with Emacs...)

Hope that helps!

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed