[emacs-wiki-discuss] Linking between projects

From: R Fieldsend
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Linking between projects
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 00:23:35 +0100

Hi,
I've recently been working through the process of setting up Muse on my Linux
box.  After a few hiccups I now have a setup which I'm really happy with.

I've decided to create a blog/wiki type site where I can just dump information
for my own use, and can have fun.  I've created several projects. These
include a journal project and then individual html projects for what you
could call 'subject areas'.

books
music
rants

etc.

This works well as I'd like to have a different style for each project, which
I'm achieving by using a different stylesheet in each target directory.

However, one thing I've not been able to work out is how (easily) I can link
between pages on two different projects.  For instance, I'm writing a page
under computing, and I realise I'd like to create a page about one of the
books I read when I was younger that got me interested in computing.  I
decide it should come under my book project, and try and create a link to the
page.

I *could* create an absolute link to the page as I'll know where it is going
to live, and then create a new page using M-x muse-project-find-file.

However, what I'd rather do is something like putting a link into my file as
I'm writing it like this:-

[[book/NewPage][Page about old book]]

So that the page is created in the book project area.

This formula tries to create a new directory under the project area I'm
already in, and create a page underneath it.

I could use the following:-

[[~/content/book/NewPage][Page about old book]]

which seems to work.

So two questions:

1) Is there a better/more correct way of doing this (the second version seems
to work)?

2) Is there anything *wrong* with doing it this way?

Thanks for you help.  I really enjoy using this code, and I look forward to
seeing it develop and grow, especially the planner mode.

Richard
--
Random thought #359 (Collect all 392)
God made man before woman to give him time to think of an answer for her first

For secure communication I use GPG/PGP. You can find information on using
open source encryption at http://www.gnupg.org/ and my public key at
http://www.r.fieldsend.btinternet.co.uk/secure/