Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Planner and Spotlight (OS X)

From: Alan Schussman
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Planner and Spotlight (OS X)
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 16:22:56 -0700

On Jun 6, 2005, at 3:50 PM, Jody Klymak wrote:

Hi all,

I was kind of sad when I typed a search into Apple's Spotlight and it did not find anything in my Plan directory. Turns out that Spotlight only indexes the contents of text files if they have the .txt suffix (maybe some others).

Has anyone gotten Spotlight to index their Plans?

Is it possible to affix a suffix to all my plan pages without killing everything else?

Hi Jody-

I tested it out here, and Spotlight does index and find files in my plan directory. I'm not sure if I did anything to make it do this. I added my plan directory to *Quicksilver's* catalog, but I don't think I did anything specific to Spotlight. Taking a look at it now, Spotlight's preferences panel is pretty lean. I wish I knew what the difference was between our two configurations. I'll keep poking around with it.

-Alan