Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-mode for contractors (multi-layered pla

From: Chris Parsons
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-mode for contractors (multi-layered planners?)
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 08:08:20 +0100

On the 1st of June 2005 at 21:02, micah milano <micaho#gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use planner-mode to keep track of todo items and projects for
> different clients that I do work for, as well as my personal

Hi

This is exactly what I do also. Here's how I do it:

Each of my clients has a planner Prefix:

ClientA
ClientB

Different tasks/projects are named appropriately

ClientAProjName
ClientAProjNameSubTask
ClientAProjAnother
ClientBProjSomethingElse

There's a few mods to planner-timeclock-summary that allow you to have a
insert "* Timeclock" into a plan page and have it autofill with the
timeclock data for projects on that page. You can also turn on the
sub-pages option (planner-timeclock-summary-include-sub-plan-pages-flag)
which means that time clocked for ClientAProjectNameSubTask will also
appear on pages called "ClientA", "ClientAPro" etc.

For publishing, I used a .htaccess file which restricts
username/password combos to certain prefixes, so all html files
beginning with "ClientA" are protected under one set of credentials and
so-on. Day pages and "all other pages" (such as pages prefixed with
"Personal") are protected with my own user/password which I don't give
out at all.

For the extra day pages, I suppose you could use planner-multi and have
a 2005.05.31.ClientA page as an extra task - but that might get
messy. Also planner-multi doesn't play well with the timeclock
stuff. Perhaps your best bet is to have a custom lisp function attached
to a publishing hook which spits out lots of paired down day pages.

Hope this is helpful.

Chris