[emacs-wiki-discuss] Planner/Hipster/Muse thoughts

From: Chris Parsons
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Planner/Hipster/Muse thoughts
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 18:23:14 +0100

Hi planner types,

I've been using a Hipster PDA [1] for a few days and I've been thinking
about the best way of tying in with my heavy use of planner for
everything...

I started off printing the diyplanner2 [2] templates shrunk onto 5x3
cards, but they don't translate well, especially when printed with a
laser - the toner rubs off too. Perhaps better cards is the way forward.

What I really want, however, is to print out my diary and tasks onto a
5x3 easily. Emacs Calendar/Diary prints out quite well onto 5x3 with a
little tweaking of the cal-tex output. Planner doesn't "natively" print
out yet, but there a couple of options:

- Add a print media CSS to the published output. This is fine, yet I
  can't easily filter what I want or format it so I can print a weeks
  worth of tasks directly onto diyplanner backgrounds, for example.

- Use muse and it's alternate output stuff... (perhaps output to tex?) I
  don't know much about muse yet, but it seems ideal for the sort of
  thing I'd like to do. Has anyone taken a branch of planner and ported
  it to muse yet?

Anyway just some thoughts. Any comments, or anyone trying to do anything
similar?

Cheers
Chris

[1] http://www.hipsterpda.com