[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Automatically display bbdb data in WikiPage

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Automatically display bbdb data in WikiPage
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 19:24:10 +0800

Alex Polite <address@hidden> writes:

> For any WikiPage that contains a certain string, say
> "CategoryPerson" I'd like to run a bbdb search on the filename
> (which is on the form FirstnameLastname) and display (not insert)
> the results in the top of the buffer. In short I need something like
> planner-day-page-template but for emacs-wiki. Can anyone think of an
> easy way of accomplishing this?

I'd create a function that searches the page for a regular expression,
extract the BBDB search string, and search the BBDB. The results would
show up in another buffer. I'd then add this function to
emacs-wiki-mode-hook.

Alternatively, there's messing around with the <lisp> tag, or writing
a hook function that rewrites a section or line with the BBDB
information.

Hmmm...

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed