[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: XEmacs Problems

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: XEmacs Problems
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 01:43:57 +0800

"Andreas Stemmer" <address@hidden> writes:

> trying to use planner-timeclock.el and planner-multi.el (dev version from
> today, but from a quick glance at the stable version, the problem should be
> the same there) with XEmacs 21.4.

The completion/prompting I put in for XEmacs still seems awkward, as
you have to type pages in and then end the sequence with "nil".
Hmm... Can you think of a better way to specify multiple categories?

> There seem to be two XEmacs specific problems and I'd like to know how other
> XEmacs users handle them. Please note that I don't know very much about lisp
> or emacs debugging.

No problem. =)

> Google says that the function easy-menu-create-menu is not included in the
> XEmacs package of easymenu. So what can I do? Remove the conflicting part
> and live without the menu entry? Or is there any better solution?

I've just committed a patch that seems to fix the problem over here. Hope that
helps!

Jim Ottaway wrote:

>> 2. When using planner-multi.el, I get the error message
>> "Wrong number of arguments: require, 3"
> In planner-multi the line:
> could be replaced with something more graceful such as:

Indeed! =) Thanks for the suggestion. I fixed that and another 3-arg
require in -bookmark.
--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed