[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: New inputs and throughput

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: New inputs and throughput
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:29:46 +0800

Jesse Alama <address@hidden> writes:

> and when I can take on new commitments. Ideally, what I want is to
> say to some bit of software: "here's a new database I want to write
> in FMP7", and it would say, "as it stands, you'll get to that in
> mid-April." As you might guess, I've taken several stabs at building
> such a beast -- nice revenue opportunities there -- but then this
> becomes its own PROJECT, plus it requires some fairly heavy data
> collection techniques.

Hmmm... I don't think any software _can_ realistically give you that
kind of information yet, but that's because I have no idea how one
would go about doing that by hand. I'm sure someone with a strong
background in data mining might be able to extract some kind of
pattern from, say, timeclock data, but I personally have no clue. =)
Collecting time data in Planner is easy with planner-timeclock; it's
interpreting it that's hard.

> organizing technique that won't spike my CPU, but I can tell you right
> now that it's going to be frustrating when I can't drag-and-drop into
> planner-mode.  (And if I can, I'll find some other quibble.  I'm good
> at that.)

No prob. It works for me because I do practically everything in Emacs
anyway. <laugh> Besides, I hate using the mouse.

We'd _love_ to have drag-and-drop hyperlinks from elsewhere. Does
anyone know how to go about doing that?

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed