[emacs-wiki-discuss] Newbie Help: Creating Tasks with Subtasks with Plan

From: Matt Ellis
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Newbie Help: Creating Tasks with Subtasks with Planner?
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 06:23:55 -0500

Hello All,

I'm extreamly new to planner, I've read over the tutorial on
EmacsWki.org, but I don't know how to do exactly what I want.

Here's what I'd like to do:

I'm moving soon, so I created a task from my Daily page.  I described
it "Move to Indiana".  I didn't know exactly what to put for as the
date, so I just used the default (I don't exactly understand what the
date is for) and for page I used IndianaRelocation instead of
TaskPool.  So that made a new task in my daily page.  On that page I
saw the Wiki link for IndianaRelocation, so I followed the link.  On
that page I have a task called Move to Indiana and a link back to the
daily page for this task.

What I'd like to do is add a bunch of tasks on things I need to do
before moving to Indiana, but I don't want them to show up on daily
pages or anything, just in the IndianaRelocation page.  How can I do
this?

Also, could someone explain to me what the "When" question means when
I make a new task?

Finally, do I need to do anything special so that unfinished tasks
(clearly this Move to Indiana task will take a long time) move from
dailly page to daily page?

If I'm trying to use planner in the wrong way, feel free to let me know.

Thanks for your help!