[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: pll/planner-create-task-from-note

From: Paul Lussier
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: pll/planner-create-task-from-note
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 21:21:03 -0400

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:

> Paul Lussier <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> it.  Today, I discovered there appears ot be no reverse function,
>> essentially, planner-create-task-from-note.  Perhaps there is one, and
>
> You can put your cursor on the first line of a note (the .#1 part) and
> use planner-create-task-from-buffer.

And this is the reason I've always found emacs frustrating :) Because
what you want to do is so close to something which already exists
(planner-create-note-from-task), that you'd expect something to exist
similarly named (planner-create-task-from-note).  Yet you can't find
it, and only *after* you spend a good portion of time getting
*exactly* what you want, some points out that it already exists, but
is named something completely unintuitive :)

> Make sure planner-annotation-from-planner-note comes before
> planner-annotation-from-planner in planner-annotation-functions. =)

Good to know, thanks!

--

Seeya,
Paul