[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: muse: porting emacs-wiki-protocols

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: muse: porting emacs-wiki-protocols
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 12:07:28 -0500

Brad Collins <address@hidden> writes:

> It looks like all of the modular stuff in emacs-wiki which makes it
> easy to define new url protocols didn't make it over to muse.
>
> In emacs-wiki if you want to define a new type of url you just
> add-to-list 'emacs-wiki-url-protocols and point it to the code for
> defining the url.
>
> Should I go ahead and try to port this from emacs-wiki to muse and
> send a patch, or is this already in the works, or, is there a reason
> for not including this in muse?

By all means, feel free!  I haven't done anything like that yet.

The best option would probably be to create a new file called
`muse-wiki.el' and start putting the implementation in there.  It
wouldn't have to do anything beyond implement handling for generating
`muse-url-regexp' for now.

We'd probably want a new variable called `muse-url-protocols' in
there, and a routine called something like `muse-set-url-regexp'
(based on `emacs-wiki-set-sym-and-url-regexp' in emacs-wiki.el).

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net -- IRC: mwolson on freenode.net: #muse, #pulug