[emacs-wiki-discuss] remember-planner and putting notes yesterday's day

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] remember-planner and putting notes yesterday's day page
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:41:47 -0500

I use notes like a journal, recording results of experiments, meeting
summaries, and so on.  Lately work has been very hectic and I grind out stuff
until the very end of the day and then rush out the door.  The next morning I
stare blankly at the computer, wondering where things stand.  So I start
writing and "remembering" notes, and then kill them out of today's day page and
yank them into yesterday's day page.  Then I manually edit the links that
appear in the project page.  Since they point to non-existant notes on today's
day page, I fix them to point to the notes I yanked onto yesterday's day page.

It would be easier for me if remember-region could be changed to prompt for a
date rather than always default to today's date.  Alternatively, if there's
already a way to move a note from today's day page to yesterday's (or any
arbitrary date) that would help, too.  I suppose I could preface these notes
with "This is what happened yesterday..."

Ideally a better job, one that's at a nice relaxing pace and completely absent
of urgent interruptions, would obviate the need for a solution.  :)

Thank you for your attention.

--
Raymond Zeitler <address@hidden>