Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner.el with-planner and cl

From: fouvry+emacs-wiki
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner.el with-planner and cl
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:59:31 +0100 (CET)

,-- On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 08:58:45 +0000, Jim Ottaway wrote:

[...]

| > Hm... it's also defined in subr.el by the looks of it:
|
| >   (defmacro declare (&rest specs)
| >     "Do not evaluate any arguments and return nil.
| >   Treated as a declaration when used at the right place in a
| >   `defmacro' form.  \(See Info anchor `(elisp)Definition of declare'.)"
| >     nil)
|
| > It seems that the actual declare form shouldn't ever get evaluated
| > because defmacro plucks it out when it encounters it.  Something strange
| > happening here, perhaps?
|
| In pre-CVS emacs, such as the 21.2.1 I have here, declare is only
| defined in cl-macs.el; in CVS it is defined [differently of course] in
| both subr.el and cl-macs.el.

I filed this as a bug report with Emacs, but they replied that it
didn't matter since the functions in subr.el are a subset of the
functions in cl-macs (ie anything that works with the functions
from subr.el should also with the ones from cl-macs.el).
cl-macs.el has more functionality, which may be needed (and that
is allowed for at compile time in Emacs).

I hope this sheds some light ...

Frederik