Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: gantt charts

From: Dryice Liu
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: gantt charts
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 21:47:47 +0800

address@hidden (Andrew J. Korty) wrote:
> Dryice Liu <address@hidden> writes:
>> See in the planner-id-tracking-file, except for the ID schema and the
>> current id, we can also record in which plan file an ID is used, and
>> get something like this:
>> (("Tasks" 465 ((1 ("PlannerHack" "2005.3.18"))
>>                (2 ("ProjectA" "DocFix" "2005.3.19")))))
>> So we can locate an ID without a grep.
> This would mean if you manually killed and yanked a task to another
> page, it would lose its association, right?  Not sure if that's a
> problem.

Yes the association will get lost. However consider the current result
after a manually kill-and-yank task, assuming planner-multi is not
loaded:

1. the task link is incorrect (The new yanked one hold a correct link,
while the linked page hold an incorrect link)
2. Inline task description edit won't work (Well it works one way, and
doesn't work the other way around)
3. planner-id-search-id (grep based) works correctly

I would suggest don't do manually kill and yank :) Do you have a
special need for this?

Anyone have a better idea to solve this? May a
planner-id-rebuild-database help?

--
Dryice @ http://dryice.3322.org

See http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/sylvester-response.html