[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: On the 43folders list

From: Chris Lowis
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: On the 43folders list
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:09:46 +0000

Sacha Chua wrote:
planner-today is a function. =) You can make your own variable,
though, and set planner-today to the value of (planner-today) every
time you publish (or something like that).

Thanks for your help and suggestions - in the end I did this :

(defun chris/planner-make-today-html ()
  (shell-command
   (concat "cp " planner-publishing-directory "/"
        (planner-today) ".html "
         planner-publishing-directory "/today.html")
   )
)

(add-hook 'emacs-wiki-mode-hook
          (lambda () (add-hook 'after-save-hook
                               'chris/planner-make-today-html nil t)))

And set my browser hompage to today.html !

Kind regards,

Chris