Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Recurring appointments

From: Henrik S. Hansen
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Recurring appointments
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:37:03 +0100

Sharon Kimble <address@hidden> writes:

> How do I get recurring appointments to show up in my schedule please? i.e.
> every Friday at 1400 I have a weekly review, so How do I get it to reoccur
> please?

You can use planner-cyclic.el to make the appointment a task.

(require 'planner-cyclic)

And then in your planner-cyclic-diary-file (usually named
"~/.diary.cyclic-tasks"), you put the appointment.

For example:

Friday #A _ Weekly review

Then it will show up as a task.

An even better way is to also have the appointment integrated into the
task (I think).  To do this, you should use planner-appt.el (very
recently posted by Jim Ottaway).  Then you can use (in your cyclic diary
file):

Friday #A _ @14:00 Weekly review

Now it's both a task and an appoinment, which will pop a window up to
remind you.  Nice, isn't it? :)

--
Henrik S. Hansen     http://freecode.dk/~hsh/
Computer science (software engineering) student